- The Siskel's Date With The '80s Series Is Totally Tubular
- Get Filthy With John Waters At The Harris Theater
- Film Preservation Grants Awarded To Northwest Chicago Film Society, Chicago Film Archives
- Another Look At Two Misunderstood '80s Movies
- Meet Mort And Millie, Chicago's Mad Men
- On The Road Plays Kerouac's Notes, But Misses The Melody
- Recap: Lessons Learned From The Music Box's 70mm Film Festival
- 8 Great Movies For Valentine's Day
- Chicago Film Lovers In For Treats With Rare Screenings Of Black Silent 'Within Our Gates,' Spanish-language 'Dracula'
- Hyde Park's New (Old) Movie Theater Opens Friday
- The Master Returns To Chicago As Part Of Music Box's 70 mm Film Fest
- When It Comes To Film, No Compromise For Two Local Programmers
- Our Favorite Movies Of 2012, Part 1
- Chicagoist Presents 'Infantry:' A New Christmas Story By Barry Gifford
- Bill Murray As FDR The Best Part Of Hyde Park On Hudson
tag cloud3 things 007 Amicus Productions animation books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries film festivals film noir gay haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond Jane Fonda Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Paris paul thomas anderson poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival Robert Altman Robert Ryan sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh tiki trash war Westerns Woody Allen
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: 3 things
Paul  1. “She was furry nice.” 2. In less than thirty seconds she runs the gamut of getting stoned. 3. An alien hoses the blood off the jetway.
Carlos  1. She storms off to the back of the plane and pummels a row of seats. 2. Wine from teacups. 3. “It’s all there, if you read between the lines.”
In the House  1. After they invite him to their basketball game, he displays just the right amount of hesitation. 2. She doesn’t understand the poem. Germain is delighted by Claude’s ingenuity. 3. On a grid, a moving tableaux … Continue reading
Nineteen Eighty-Four  1. The tobacco promptly falls out of his cigarette. 2. O’Brien looks at Winston wearily and says, “They got me a long time ago.” 3. He moves the knight; a few moments later, he puts it back … Continue reading
Carlos  1. He is given a handgun, and five bullets. 2. After showering, he admires himself in a full-length mirror and walks over to the window. On the TV is a news story about him. 3. They hurriedly corral … Continue reading
Green Lantern  1. For no logical reason: gift-wrapping while driving. 2. He looks like a cross between the Elephant Man and “Weird Al” Yankovic in the “Fat” video. 3. Roughly five minutes of training was all he needed.
Far From the Madding Crowd  1. Surf washing over the stack of dead sheep at the bottom of the cliff. 2. Tree trunks, velvet green moss. A thick layer of orangebrown leaves underfoot. 3. Alone in the dead room, … Continue reading
The Cassandra Crossing  1. The only movie in existence where Martin Sheen, performing a headstand while wearing only briefs, and Ava Gardner do yoga together. 2. Sweet little girl blowing plague bubbles. 3. A steel beam is driven straight … Continue reading
Jubilee  1. Miss Amyl Nitrate. 2. Ketchup assault. 3. “If the music’s loud enough, we won’t hear the world falling apart.” Definitely the definitive portrait of punk.
The Passion of Darkly Noon  1. A giant silver Doc Marten. With a crow on it. 2. Theory: Quincy wandered in from Paris Is Burning. 3. The house has really shoddy wiring; but, rather incredibly, no one gets electrocuted.