- A Crime Novelist, A Master Chef, A Burlesque Dancer And A Music Critic Walk Into A Bar ...
- Reeling Reborn: 31st Edition Of The LGBT Film Festival Begins Thursday
- Perverted Movie Lovers Rejoice!
- 'Computer Chess' Is A Movie For The Nerd In All Of Us
- Serious 'Mother Of George' Suffers From Too Much Beautiful Filming
- Interview: Leonard Maltin Discusses 45 Years Of His Movie Guide
- The Onion City Film Festival Returns With A Pungent 25th Edition
- Paul McGee's Three Dots And A Dash Is A Genuine Tiki Paradise
- Kickstart 'Safe Word'
- EXCLUSIVE: Barry Gifford Shares 'A Postcard To Nelson Algren'
- Properly Sauced: It's National Mai Tai Day!
- Properly Sauced: Mamie Taylor
- The Show Must Go On: Portrait of Jason Will Screen At Music Box
- The Siskel's Date With The '80s Series Is Totally Tubular
- Get Filthy With John Waters At The Harris Theater
tag cloud3 things 007 420 Amicus Productions animation Barry Gifford books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Chicago Public LIbrary Christmas Christopher Nolan CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries dreams editing film festivals film noir food gay George Clooney haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond Jane Fonda jazz jim henson jimmy stewart John Huston Kurosawa libraries lists Marlon Brando Michael Haneke movies muppets music musicals new york October Otto Preminger Paris paul thomas anderson pause of the clock Planet of the Apes poetry queue tips recipes Reeling Film Festival richard linklater Robert Altman Robert Ryan rum sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh star trek stories stories from the grid tiki trash w.c. fields Wallace Shawn war Werner Herzog Westerns Wim Wenders Woody Allen
- 3 things about John Landis' COMING TO AMERICA wp.me/pymbF-1bT 10 hours ago
- 3 things about John Landis' TRADING PLACES wp.me/pymbF-1bR 13 hours ago
- http://t.co/uhlFCg7swe 1 day ago
- http://t.co/8HE9J4uriA 1 day ago
- RT @MarkHarrisNYC: It's a nice Disney-corporate-retreat film about how studios always know best and writers are crazy and only Americans un… 1 day ago
- 3 things about Jean-Pierre & Luc Dardenne's THE KID WITH A BIKE wp.me/pymbF-1bP 1 day ago
- Wow, finally caught up with THE KID WITH A BIKE. Intense. The ending is everything a movie ending should be. Was reminded of Bunuel somehow, 2 days ago
- RT @Peter_Gutierrez: when i die, please don't let the credits speed-roll like they do with movies shown on TV 2 days ago
- Really digging ‘1981’ by TheBandRoyale right now soundcloud.com/thebandroyale/… 2 days ago
- On the Brown Line holiday train! Right now! http://t.co/KztMkqB7zY 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Planet of the Apes
Battle for the Planet of the Apes  1. Ape children wear pajamas. 2. When Claude Akins, as a gorilla, shouts, “No prisoners! No prisoners!” he doesn’t compare favorably to Peter O’Toole in Lawrence of Arabia. 3. I don’t quite … Continue reading
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes  1. A woman takes a puff from her cigarette and says, “Funny, now that I know they won’t kill me anymore I don’t enjoy them.” 2. Caesar divides up the banana. 3. … Continue reading
Escape from the Planet of the Apes  1. Seriously groovy title theme courtesy Jerry Goldsmith. 2. He gives Zira the injection and whispers, “It has the same effect as Grape Juice Plus.” 3. Talking baby chimpanzee.
Beneath the Planet of the Apes  1. The soldiers break up the chimpanzees’ peaceful demonstration. Someone shouts, “Gorilla brutality!” 2. Fossilized telephone. 3. The music of the distant future is apparently very atonal.
Planet of the Apes  1. A wave of sticks beats its way through the cornfield. 2. Jerry Goldsmith’s score makes great use of the cuíca, a Brazilian drum that sounds like a monkey. 3. “I can’t help thinking that … Continue reading