- The Siskel's Date With The '80s Series Is Totally Tubular
- Get Filthy With John Waters At The Harris Theater
- Film Preservation Grants Awarded To Northwest Chicago Film Society, Chicago Film Archives
- Another Look At Two Misunderstood '80s Movies
- Meet Mort And Millie, Chicago's Mad Men
- On The Road Plays Kerouac's Notes, But Misses The Melody
- Recap: Lessons Learned From The Music Box's 70mm Film Festival
- 8 Great Movies For Valentine's Day
- Chicago Film Lovers In For Treats With Rare Screenings Of Black Silent 'Within Our Gates,' Spanish-language 'Dracula'
- Hyde Park's New (Old) Movie Theater Opens Friday
- The Master Returns To Chicago As Part Of Music Box's 70 mm Film Fest
- When It Comes To Film, No Compromise For Two Local Programmers
- Our Favorite Movies Of 2012, Part 1
- Chicagoist Presents 'Infantry:' A New Christmas Story By Barry Gifford
- Bill Murray As FDR The Best Part Of Hyde Park On Hudson
tag cloud3 things 007 Amicus Productions animation books Buñuel Chicago Chicagoist Christmas CIFF cocktails Cronenberg David Lynch Disney documentaries film festivals film noir gay haiku Halloween Hitchcock James Bond Jane Fonda Michael Haneke movies music musicals new york October Paris paul thomas anderson poetry queue tips Reeling Film Festival Robert Altman Robert Ryan sci fi Scorsese silent film Soderbergh tiki trash war Westerns Woody Allen
- RT @Criterion: An excellent photo of a young Jimmy Stewart: ow.ly/ldPNA 5 hours ago
- 12 days till I have a computer again. 10 hours ago
- 3 things about Olivier Assayas' CARLOS (PART THREE) wp.me/pymbF-15f 3 days ago
- Digging the new John Grant album. Had no idea he was from Denver! 3 days ago
- 3 things about Greg Mottola's PAUL wp.me/pymbF-15c 4 days ago
- 3 things about Olivier Assayas' CARLOS (PART TWO) wp.me/pymbF-15a 4 days ago
- Shopping for a new laptop. 4 days ago
- My circa 2008 laptop is worth $280. So much for a big insurance payout. 5 days ago
- What's a good laptop for running Adobe Premier? 5 days ago
- Apt was broken into. No danger now but both our computers are gone. 6 days ago
Tag Archives: sci fi
Paul  1. “She was furry nice.” 2. In less than thirty seconds she runs the gamut of getting stoned. 3. An alien hoses the blood off the jetway.
Nineteen Eighty-Four  1. The tobacco promptly falls out of his cigarette. 2. O’Brien looks at Winston wearily and says, “They got me a long time ago.” 3. He moves the knight; a few moments later, he puts it back … Continue reading
Altered States  1. “She’s still crazy about him, he’s still crazy.” 2. Curious stained glass windows in the bathroom. They resemble his hallucinations. 3. Dissolving plasma lady.
Naqoyqatsi  1. Smile, laugh, nod in agreement. 2. The whole table dives into the platter of pizza. 3. A lonely cello, the last remnant of human warmth. 3 other things. Trivia: this was the last film I ever saw … Continue reading
Close Encounters of the Third Kind  1. “It looked like an ice cream cone.” “What flavor?” “Orange.” 2. Their house has a doggie door but no dog. 3. Alien landing site = Tycho excavation site in 2001: A Space … Continue reading
Invasion of the Body Snatchers  1. Tendrils. 2. A flap of skin on his cheek flutters in the breeze. 3. “We don’t hate you. There’s no need for that. Or love. Not anymore.”
The Last Starfighter  1. Eyebrow malfunction. 2. “What did I do wrong? I’m new at these gland games.” 3. Speckled green blood on his hand.
2001: A Space Odyssey  1. Howard Johnson’s Earthlight Room. 2. LIFE FUNCTIONS TERMINATED flashing silently. 3. Wickerwork on the side of the bathtub.
Flash Gordon  1. “Are your men on the right pills? Perhaps you should execute their trainer.” 2. Solid upper body strength. 3. Someone has drawn tears on one of the statues of Ming. 3 other things.
Looper  1. “Big heads, small potatoes.” 2. Bullet hole in the window, bullet hole in her stomach. 3. She summons him to her bedside using the plastic frog.